For his 1st ever father's day, Prosanta wanted to bring the girls for brunch at his favorite pub here in Baton Rouge, the Londoner. It's really close to our house, they have lots of good beer and a very good food menu. I made sure to feed the girls right before going, hoping they would sleep the whole time we were there. I brought bottles of expressed milk just in case. Sure enough, the girls did REAL good, and slept almost the whole time. Anjali drank part of her bottle, but fell asleep right after. We enjoyed some beers, yes, ME too! I had a delicious pint of my favorite Louisiana beer, Purple Haze (a blackberry flavored wheat beer). Prosanta had some Boddingtons. We had some really good food too, Prosanta had some eggs, toasted baguette, and potatoes. I had some grilled chicken kabobs, and a veggie omelet.
I also had a special gift for Prosanta, that I had especially made for him. It's a black rubber bracelet with a metal plate that I had engraved with the girls' names. I wasn't sure if he would like it, but turns out, he loves it! I was so glad. He was surprised I found something like that, and didn't know how I thought of such a gift. After we left the hospital and brought the girls home, he kept wearing his 2 hospital bracelets (with the girls' ID numbers on them) for days, until he finally cut them off. He said he didn't want to take them off because they reminded him of his girls. So then I thought of trying to find a bracelet or something with the girls' names on it.. Great success!
 |
| Reading his father's day card |
 |
| Opening the gift! |
 |
| Daddy, Anjali and mommy (Chaya is below in the stroller) |
 |
| Mommy and Anjali |
 |
| He even got a free pint for Father's Day! |
 |
| Enjoying the warm evening |
 |
| Baby feet! |
Happy Father's Day to my wonderful husband, best friend, and the greatest daddy my girls could ever have!
No comments:
Post a Comment