I made this blog to share the lives of our identical twin girls Chaya and Anjali, born on May 9, 2011. We are so happy to finally have our own little family, after 7 years of trying. After 2 cycles of intrauterine insemination, and 3 cycles of in vitro fertilization, we are proud parents at last!
Thursday, December 8, 2011
Back on the breast!
Haven't written in a while... it's difficult for me to remember to post things here! Sorry about that. Good news, I've started breastfeeding again! Not completely full time yet, but am now at 4 feedings a day, with 2 bottles of formula. So far, so good, no bloody stools! The babies have been eating solids too, which has changed our whole routine. They finally seem to enjoy the purees, of course, I usually have to add fruit to anything they eat. We first started with bananas which they liked, after I tried butternut squash which they hated, then avocado... not a big fan of that either. So I started adding bananas to their vegetables, they liked it, but it caused them to strain really hard for their bowel movements! They were making little hard poops, they would cry and scream and it seemed really painful. That's when I read that bananas can cause constipation! So I started giving them apple sauce, pears, and pureed prunes, which has helped a lot. They are a little picky and don't like everything they taste, especially vegetables. And when they don't like something, they gag and even vomit! So I've been adding fruit to pretty much everything they eat, at least they like it that way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment