Well, the babies have been really good at night lately.. last night was the best one so far! I fed them last at 9:45pm and 10pm, and put them down around 10:40pm, after holding them for a little while (we need to hold them upright after every feeding because of their bad reflux, to avoid lots of spitting up). We went to bed around 11pm. They both slept until 3am! That's 5 hours between feedings! Lately, they had been going 3.5 to 4 hours between feedings at night. I didn't even wake up when one of them started making noise, it's Prosanta who went to their crib and told me "It's 3!" I couldn't believe it. Fed them both at the same time at 3am, and then I actually had to wake them up at 6:15am, because my first client was coming at 7am, and I wanted to be done before then. So after eating, they went back to sleep for a little while. I made myself a nice big breakfast: 2 fried eggs, 2 toasts, and some strawberries and kiwi. Hey, gotta eat a lot when I can, I never know when the next opportunity will be!
My client came at 7am. Chaya woke up at 8am, I put her in the Baby Bjorn (a baby carrier), and another client came a few minutes later. Anjali slept until 8:30am. Played with them a bit, then I fed them again at 8:48am and 9:10am. I put them down for a nap in their crib (I'm trying this out, around 10am every day to see if we can get some sort of napping routine going). Yesterday, I tried this, but they only slept for about 30 minutes, then I brought them in the living room, and they went back to sleep. I haven't been putting them in their crib for naps during the day, but I want to start doing this so they get used to it. Today, hoping they would sleep a while, I got ready to take a nap as well, in our bed, next to their crib. Brought Bessie in bed with me, she's the best napping buddy. ;) So, the babies fell went nicely to sleep, they didn't even wake up after being put down. I proceeded to also fall asleep around 10:15am. I woke up around 10:40am, and had a dilemma.. Do I keep sleeping hoping they also keep sleeping, or do I get up and take a shower. I decided to keep sleeping, and boy am I glad I did. I woke up again around 11:15am, and they were still asleep, so I then took the fastest shower of my life, went to the bathroom and ate a granola bar.. (The last 2 tasks were done simultaneously. Hey, when you have 2 sleeping babies, you take advantage of that time to try to get as much done as possible!) Chaya woke up at 11:40am, and Anjali woke up 10 minutes later. I was so proud of them! They took an almost 2-hour nap in their crib! AT THE SAME TIME!!! It had been a while since they both slept for a while at the same time, allowing me to take a real nap, so this made me VERY VERY HAPPY.
I fed them right after they woke up, and they slept on and off on the couch next to me. I lay them on Boppy pillows often during the day, and I hang out on the couch between them. I had some chili and rice for lunch. Anjali woke up at 1pm, I played with her a little while, before Chaya woke up too. She had fun on the playmat, I also read to her. Fed them around 2:15pm. I put Anjali down for a nap in their crib after feeding her, since she hadn't slept as much as Chaya on the couch.. I figured Chaya might not sleep as much in the crib, and I didn't want her to wake up Anjali if she was still sleeping. So I put Chaya in a swing in the living room. I went out in the yard for a bit to play with the dogs (our dogs and the 5 dogs who were here today). I had the monitor from the bedroom outside with me to hear Anjali, and I could see Chaya through the living room window, so I went to check on her every few minutes to see if she was still sleeping. I actually had fun playing fetch in the pool with the dogs, and I also hung up my clean cloth diapers to dry on the clothes line while I was out there.
Chaya woke up at 3:30pm. I hung out with her for a while, played on the playmat again. Then put her in the Baby Bjorn and went on my computer for a bit, while she fell asleep. Prosanta came home, and then Anjali woke up at 4:30pm. Played with both of them until I fed Chaya at 5pm, and Anjali at 5:20pm. Prosanta held both of them while I prepared dinner. Made a veggie burger and fries for him, and I ate some cold leftover chicken while making his food. Prosanta mowed the lawn, and I hung out with them in the living room. They nodded off a bit as they usually do. I had them in slings for a little while too, it always helps to relax them. They almost always immediately fall asleep as soon as they are in a sling or carrier. Chaya woke up first, and I gave her a bath, which was very much needed! Poor thing hadn't had a bath in over a week I think.... bad mommy! She didn't mind the bath too much, it's the getting-out-of-the-warm-water part she didn't particularly enjoy. She cried a lot while I slathered her in lotion and was putting her onesie back on. I bundled her up nicely in a warm blanket, and brought her to daddy. He held her and she eventually fell asleep. By this time, Anjali was also awake, and it was her turn to get a bath. She didn't like it too much, cried a lot. Afterwards though, when she was all lotioned up and dressed and bundled up, she was nice and relaxed. I fed her at 7:15pm right after her bath when she was still awake, and then Chaya at 7:35pm. After that, I put them both down in their crib. Anjali went first, she was already asleep and didn't wake up at all when I placed her in the crib. Chaya woke up a bit during the trip from daddy's arms to the crib, but quickly went back to sleep when I wrapped her up in a blanket. Chaya is still asleep as I type this (it's a little over 9pm), Anjali woke up a few minutes ago around 8:45pm. She's hanging with daddy in "his room" right now while he's on his laptop, maybe she fell back asleep. Next feeding will be around 10pm, and then we start the whole thing over again.
It's nice when things go smoothly... Of course, I know not every night and day will go this well, but I have to say, it really isn't so bad at times! Love these babies.
No comments:
Post a Comment