I made this blog to share the lives of our identical twin girls Chaya and Anjali, born on May 9, 2011. We are so happy to finally have our own little family, after 7 years of trying. After 2 cycles of intrauterine insemination, and 3 cycles of in vitro fertilization, we are proud parents at last!
Thursday, July 7, 2011
First night solo with the babies
Prosanta is away at a conference in Minneapolis for almost a week. My parents are still here visiting. I was going to have my mom sleep in bed with me to help me with the nighttime feedings, but then I wanted to give it a try on my own.. I could always go get her if I needed her help. I fed them around 10:40pm and 11:00pm before going to bed. Anjali woke up first, around 1:35am, fed her. Then, woke up Chaya to feed her right after. Chaya was a good girl and went right back to sleep after she was done. But Anjali decided to stay up until 3:20am. Fun times. I rocked her, sang to her, had the lights down very low, tried the pacifier, had her nice and swaddled,.. nothing worked. She just wanted to be wide awake. So I went online on Prosanta's laptop for a bit, with her on my lap, with her eyes wide open looking around. Thankfully she was calm and happy the whole time. After I finally got her to go down, Chaya decided to wake up 10 minutes later, around 3:30am. You can imagine my good mood by then. I didn't feed Chaya then though, I gave her back the pacifier, held her for a few minutes, and she went back to sleep. Alleluia! They both slept until 4:35am, fed both of them, and they both went back to sleep after. Chaya got up around 6:30am. I fed her, and then fed Anjali a few minutes later when she also woke up. Oh, forgot to mention, during Anjali's marathon awake time, she threw up twice all over herself (and mommy). We're not talking about fresh milk spit-up here, we're talking smelly deep down old rotten cottage cheese stuff. Yuck. All in all, I was able to handle both of them at once pretty well, they didn't both start crying at the same time or anything.. Just wish Anjali was a better sleeper. Hoping tonight little miss Not-Sleepy-Head decides to go back to sleep after feeding!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment