Sunday, August 7, 2011

Gone daddy gone

Day 1:
Prosanta is in Texas for the week, for work. I was a little nervous with him leaving, being all alone with the babies for that long. And also a little sad that he had to leave on our 7th wedding anniversary! But oh well.. it's for work, and he's getting paid well, so can't complain too much.

I have to say my first evening and night alone with them went very well. We drove daddy to the Baton Rouge airport yesterday at 11am. Babies were very good the rest of the day, took lots of naps, mommy even took a nap too. Gave both girls a bath in the afternoon, and took the dogs for a walk after dinner. It wasn't TOO hot out, it was nice. The girls are really enjoying walks in the stroller a lot more now, they love looking at everything. One often falls asleep while the other stays awake.

The girls were a little whiny and needy in the evening, which is normal. They usually are fussy around 7-9pm, and want to be held a lot.. which can be a challenge when alone with both. I did manage, and the night went very well! Fed babies around 10:30pm, and then put them to bed. Anjali woke up around 1am, because she had rolled onto the side of the crib (and so did Chaya!), I put them both back in their spot, and they slept until 4:15! They went 6 hours between feedings, which is a record until now! What good girls. I thought they'd sleep in after that, but they still woke up around 6:30am to be fed.

Holding both girls: Anjali in the sling, Chaya in my arms


Day 2:
The girls took many LONG naps again today.. I didn't even really get to play with them, they slept so much! They've been sleeping a lot during the day, which is really nice, and allows me to get things done around the house! Not to mention, eating and taking showers! ;) Our friends Kim and Richard invited me and the girls over for dinner at their house tonight. They have an adorable 4 month old girl named Phoebe. Looking forward to a little outing, it's nice to get a change of scenery.. plus nice to socialize once in a while! Dinner went well, I got there around 6:45pm, we had dinner, I fed the girls around 8pm, then we all went for a walk, and then I drove back home around 9:15pm.

Fed the girls a little after we got home, around 10:15pm. They woke up around 3:15am for their night time feeding, at the same time again, so I had to breastfeed both at once. Anjali was a little brat and took about an hour to fall asleep after that. Woke up very soon after, at 6:30am to feed them and start the day.

Day 3:
Happy 3 month birthday to the girls! The girls were very good all day again, happy babies! We read some books, had fun on the playmat, and I did a little photo shoot to have some pictures of them turning 3 months... plus I hadn't taken any pictures in a little while. The grandmothers were starting to complain! ;) Got some really good ones of the girls smiling.

Our friend Corinne came over in the evening to keep me company, and help me out with the babies. She also brought dinner, horray! She made some delicious vegetarian bean chili! So good. I had asked her to come in the evening, since they are sometimes fussy around this time. They really weren't that bad, Anjali whined a bit, but it was nice to chat with her, and have her hold one of the girls. We had a nice time. She is also pregnant, so we talked about pregnancy stuff, things to buy for babies, baby showers,..

Fed the girls at 10:15pm, they woke up at 3:15am (at the same time again!), and then 6:45am.

No comments:

Post a Comment