Monday, May 30, 2011

On our own

My mom, aka grand-maman, left to go back to Montreal this morning. Prosanta drove her to the New Orleans airport. I was at home with the girlies, and decided to go on our very first solo walk around the neighborhood while they were gone. Loaded up the double jogging stroller, leashed the 3 dogs, and headed out into the mid-morning Louisiana heat. It was very sunny, but not too unbearably hot. The dogs did very well walking by the stroller, I wasn't sure how they would behave, especially whether or not Adina would be afraid of the stroller. But once again, the dogs were very well behaved, and really enjoyed our walk. Chaya and Anjali also enjoyed the walk, and slept the whole time. We ran into a neighbor who hadn't met the girls yet, he was happy to see them in person after seeing pictures online.

Now I guess I have to go back to my housewife role and get back into cooking all our meals, now that grand-maman is gone! She did all the cooking while she was here, which was such a huge help. Went grocery shopping this afternoon while daddy stayed home with the babies. Got lots of goodies, including stuff to make vegetarian tacos tonight! Going to have to plan my meals in advance I suppose to save time and effort, although planning things like that has never really been my strong suit. I guess with 2 babies at home, you have to become a little more organized and plan ahead, or you'll end up eating grilled cheese all the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment