Thursday, May 9, 2013

Happy 2nd Birthday Chaya and Anjali!

Chaya licking the powdered sugar

The girls turned 2 on May 9. We were happy my parents were here to celebrate with us. On their birthday, I made them some star pancakes and cut up strawberries like hearts. They were very excited about the powdered sugar I sprinkled on the pancakes! ;) We gave them some presents too.
Grandmaman and Chaya, Anjali and mommy


Chaya (she loves tattoos!)

Took the girls to the park

Snack time with grandmaman

Opening mommy and daddy's presents

Memory game!


Opening some presents

Unwrapping some books from a friend


Happy Chaya

Running in the front yard

Anjali

Chaya

With grandmaman

Sisters

We had their birthday pool party the following saturday, and invited a bunch of friends with kids over. Everyone had a great time. And we were quite relieved that the rain didn't end up falling like we anticipated. The weather was perfect, the pool a little chilly, but we had lots of fun. My dad and I made a bunch of salads and finger foods, and I made their sandcastle carrot cake. Since we had just come back from a week on the beach, I thought a beach themed birthday would be fun.

Friends at our party!

Our twin boyfriends!
Pool fun!

The kids didn't mind the chilly water!




Happy splashing!

Such a cutie

The girls did pretty well with a house full of people. They are still very very shy, and not always comfortable around people they don't know.. Even some people they know! Anjali did not like it when we sang "Bonne Fete" to each of them, she kept saying "Non!! NON!", whining and crying. It was kind of funny. ;)
Preparing the cake!
Let's get this party started!

My sandcastle carrot cake!
BONNE FETE!!!

Eating their cupcakes

The boys REALLY liked the cake!

With my birthday girls

With friends

Pretty ladies, pretty  babies!
Grandpapa and Chaya



They loved their new cats!






1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday to the girls! This is so cliche, but I cannot believe how big they are already. What cuties!

    ReplyDelete